Legacy: Life Among the Ruins
Building a new world in the ruins of the future.
Release date: April 2018. Pre-order now!
The World Before is fallen, torn apart by an apocalypse so extreme that reality itself was shredded and warped in its wake.
Your ancestors survived thanks to a combination of luck, preparation and grit, and now the time has come to leave their shelters and start rebuilding the world.
You soon find the wasteland has other inhabitants: families with different perspectives on the world, secretive factions with the own agendas, and bizarre monsters stalking the wasteland.
As generations pass and your family makes sweeping changes to the world, what stories will you tell?
Successfully kickstarted in September 2017, the second edition of Legacy brings together all the characters and families introduced in the 1st edition combined with a refined and refreshed ruleset, extended examples of play, and quickstart scenarios to let you jump straight into playing.
Release date: June 2018. Pre-order now!
We’re proud to publish a range of games based on Legacy from first-time and experienced RPG authors that take the multi-generation system of Legacy in wildly different directions. Click on the images below to learn more!
- In Godsend by Khelren, the ancient world is ending. As the gods bicker and their chosen apostles write new myths across the world, the fate of all things will be decided.
- In Generation Ship by Aaron Griffin, you woke up too soon from cryo in a colony ship crossing the blackness between stars. As the ship strains under the burden of its living, breathing cargo, how will you find a new home?
- Primal Pathways by Laurence Phillips lets you trace the development of your lineage of creatures from the beginnings of sentience to the fringes of space, guided by mystical guardians.
- Rhapsody of Blood by James Iles pitches the players against an evil castle from outside reality. As it invades our world again and again, what sacrifices will they make to push it back?
- Worldfall by Katherine Cross puts you at the founding of a colony on a new world. As dreams of the frontier give way to harsh realities, what kind of society will you build?
The first edition of Legacy was first released in November 2013. Over the next few years, it was refined with a successful Kickstarter, and had two follow-up supplements: Echoes of the Fall and Mirrors in the Ruins. Visit their pages for more info!
Light, humorous and zero-prep card-based storytelling games.
What Ho World! is a light role-playing game of hijinks and shenanigans set in the breezy upper classes of the roaring 20s. With the improvised storytelling of a roleplaying game and the pick-up-and-play nature of a card game, you can jump right in and tell a great story together over the space of a few hours.
Wizards Aren’t Gentlemen harks back to a bygone age where masters of magical might, their feckless apprentices and their wily minions play their part in stories of arcane rivalries and eldritch farce. It’s is a storytelling card game designed to be played over the course of a single session, without needing any prior preparation. Simply grab the cards, choose an archetype each, and go!